AboutLicensed * Insured * Environmentally and Economically Conscious * Consistent 5-Star Customer Ratings and Reviews * References Available Upon Request * Family Owned and Operated
Updated on Thursday, April 06, 2017
About the Business Wayne Hunter the Wood Cutter, LLC…
Wayne Hunter the Wood Cutter, LLC is a business owned and operated by Wayne Hunter in Salcha, Alaska. Wayne sells green 100% birch firewood in a variety of lengths – from approximately 20′ logs to approximately 16″ round or split pieces – to local residents in and around the Fairbanks North Star Borough (FNSB). He also sells dry, fire-killed spruce in the same lengths and at the same prices as his birch.
Wayne Hunter the Wood Cutter, LLC is licensed, properly insured, accredited by the Better Business Bureau, and much more. He aims to totally satisfy his customers and their firewood needs, and offers full-cord and customer satisfaction guarantees. This business officially became licensed in September 2008, however, Wayne began selling firewood to customers the summer of 2006. Wayne Hunter the Wood Cutter became a Limited Liability Company (LLC) on December 31, 2014.
On Sunday, December 07, 2014, The Fairbanks Daily News-Miner featured Wayne Hunter the Wood Cutter, LLC in its weekly Business Spotlight section! Click here if you’d like to read the article, which shares information about how we got started and got our name and other things, titled “Wood Cutter Uses Social Media to Raise Profile”.
Wayne is very willing to help support Interior Alaskan non-profit organizations and fellow community members in the FNSB as he can. He has:
* Helped-out, and continues to support, the Salcha Fair Association.
* In September of 2014, participated in a FNSB back-to-school bus safety campaign and our local Home Town Heroes project (for more information about these, click here).
* In late October 2014, announced and implemented “Wayne Hunter the Wood Cutter’s Free Firewood Fridays!” Each Friday morning at 7:00 on his Facebook page, a borough resident wins a certificate for a free cord of his firewood or $300.00 off the price of a WHtheWC log truck load (click here to read more about this, if you’d like).
* Offered (since he began his website), and continues to offer, a free annual cord of his cut, split, and stacked green firewood to FNSB widows age sixty and over (click here to read more about this, if you’d like).
* As of 2017, is a participant in the Veterans News Network sponsor program (https://www.vnnusa.com/).
If you are a volunteer with a local non-profit who would like Wayne’s support or assistance, please feel free to give us a call at (907)-385-8346 or send us an e-mail at WayneHuntertheWoodCutter(at)Yahoo.com! We’d be glad to do what we can!
Fairbanks North Star Borough Air Quality Issues
For years Wayne has been actively involved in doing what he can to help clean-up our borough air by sharing all of the information his customers, and other borough residents, need to ensure that they adequately season and burn their firewood. He has done this by sharing links and information on this website and blog, his Facebook page, over the phone, and in-person. Since he first created his website, his slogan has been (and continues to be), “Buy Now, Season Yourself, and Save Money!” He has always advocated for seasoning the wood he sells prior to burning it.
In the fall and late winter of 2014, he:
* Participated in several meetings with State and Borough officials regarding proposed local air quality regulations, and spoke-up for his customers, as well as responsible selling among firewood businesses and best-practice firewood burning. More information on his involvement can be found by perusing posts on this website’s blog and the Wayne Hunter the Wood Cutter Facebook page. Here are two links to local news sites about his involvement: Click here to read an article from the Alaska Dispatch News (ADN) titled, “State Launches Program to Track Firewood Moisture” and click here for an article from KTVF channel eleven titled “Added Requirements Proposed for Commercial Wood Sellers”.
* Implemented his Free Firewood Fridays to help meet the seasoned firewood needs of fellow borough members. Click here for more information about this, if you’d like! Note: This offer has since been discontinued.
* Began, with orders placed on or after December 15, 2014, including a free moisture meter and customer information packet with each order of WHtheWC firewood sold. Click here for more information about this, if you’d like! Note: This offer has since been discontinued.
* Participated in a 2017 FNSB Assembly Meeting regarding new proposed local air quality regulations, and spoke-up for his customers, as well as responsible selling among firewood businesses and best-practice firewood burning.
Wayne is a veteran who served for over twenty-years in the United States Army. He was sent to Fort Wainwright in 2003 and decided to call marvelous Interior Alaska his home when he retired in 2010.
Wayne is a second generation woodsman; his dad is a logger in the hills of northeastern Pennsylvania. He has taught his three oldest sons Steve (a.k.a. Little Wayne), Zeb, and Zekey, who many customers see delivering with him in the evenings and on weekends, the profession, as well. Steven is now an Active Duty Combat Medic in the U.S. Army, Zebulun is now a professional logger with his Dad, and Zeke is in the Army’s Delayed Entry Program set become an Active Duty Chaplain’s Assistant in the U.S. Army in July 2017.
When he’s not in the woods or making a delivery, Wayne can be found spending time with his family, which includes his wife and eleven children, in Salcha and working on their family homestead there. Wayne and his wife have a twelfth child (their oldest) – a beautiful daughter who, in August 2013, got married and moved out-of-state with her husband, who is serving our country as an officer in the U.S. Army. Wayne was honored to not only have walked her down the aisle, but to have exercised his legal right in Alaska to officiate one (her) wedding. Click here, if you’d like, to see a photo of the beautiful couple (and Wayne in a suit 🙂 )exchanging their vows from the official wedding photographer.
Thank you for taking the time to visit our website! We wish you the very best in Interior Alaskan warmth!
Phone/Text – (907)-385-8346
E-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org
Alaska Business License Number – 920395 (Click the Number to See Our State of Alaska Business License Information, if You’d Like)
Click Here to Visit Wayne Hunter the Wood Cutter’s Facebook Page